Landlord – Property Preparation
Before check-in the Landlord should clear out the apartment from anything left from the previous tenant.
Also the Landlord should:
- Clean the apartment well, a deep clean
- Check smoke and Co2 alarms are working
- Provide clean towels, linen and pillows in good condition, if included
- Replace light bulbs, if necessary
- Check air conditioning functions and has gas for at least 3 months
- Replace batteries in TV, air-conditioning and other remotes.
- Clean dish-washer filters and put salt
- Empty wash and clean washing-machine filters
- Clean taps and shower heads from calcium
- Ensure drains aren’t blocked.
- Hot water boiler works.
- Check that all appliances work (TV, fridge, dishwasher, washing-machine, microwave, AC etc)
- Replace obsolete and non-functioning appliances
- Provide basic cleaning supplies for the tenant (broom & dustpan, mop & bucket, detergent, toilet paper, new dish cloth and detergent, clothes washing powder)
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE VERSION