In a nutshell, we find quality professionally-minded tenants, process the booking, and collect the first month’s rent which is then transferred to the Landlords’ bank account after check-in. No fees or commissions are charged to Landlords.
Before accepting any booking requests, feel free to ask us any questions about the Tenant.
Landlord receives a booking request
- Landlords have 48 hours to Pre-Approve or Decline the Booking Request. The Booking Request will include the desired check-in date, check-out date, how many guests, and a link to view the Tenant profile to see where they are from and why they are coming to your city.
- If the Landlord Approves the Booking Request, the Tenant will have 48 hours to confirm the booking by paying the Down-Payment (1st Month Rent + Cribmed Service Fee). At this stage, the Landlord’s Payout details should be verified. If the Down-Payment is not paid within 48 hours, the Booking Request is void.
- If the Landlord declines the Booking Request, it is voided and the Tenant is notified.
- If the Landlord does not respond within 48 hours, the Booking Request is voided and the Tenant is notified. Our clients need Landlords to make booking decisions quickly, so if you consistently don’t respond within 48 hours, your listing’s search placement will be negatively impacted.
Tenant confirms booking
- The Tenant has 48 hours to pay the Down-Payment, which is processed on the Cribmed online platform and held in our payment provider’s Escrow account. 48 hours after check-in the 1st month rent transfer will be initiated to the Landlord’s connected bank account. This 1st-month rent is guaranteed for Landlords as long as when the Tenant checks-in, the property is in the same condition as the images on the property listing on www.cribmed.com.
- Direct communication is now open between the Tenant and the Landlord to exchange important information needed for the rental contract, Security Deposit payment method, arrival instructions, and check-in time.
- If the Tenant does not pay the Down-Payment within 48 hours, the Booking Request becomes void and the Landlord is notified.
- You should use the Arrival Checklist and Check-in guide. This walkthrough will ensure the Tenant feels at home immediately and usually results in fewer issues in the future.
- After inspection of the property, you will sign the contract, receive the Security Deposit (via method previously agreed), and hand over of the keys.
- Future rent payments, final cleaning fee, and the Security Deposit refund are directly between the Landlord and the Tenant.