All bookings get one of these FREE GIFTS
Requesting to Book requires no payment until the Landlord pre-approves your Booking Request, then you will be prompted to pay online.
Before making a Booking Request, you are free to ask us any questions about the property you are interested in. We know them personally. If that’s not enough, and if possible, you can visit the property yourself (for stays 3 months +). If not, don’t worry! All verified properties have been visited and screened by a Cribmed representative.
Tenant sends a booking request
- No payment required at this stage.
- Landlords have 48 hours to respond.
- Before making the booking request you should check your Profile is up to date so Landlords can learn about you before they accept your request. They like to know who will stay in their property, where you are from, and why you are going to their city.
Tenant Confirms Booking
- After the Landlord pre-approves the booking request, the Tenant has 48 hours to pay the Down-Payment (1st month rent + Crib Med Service Fee) by bank transfer. If the Down-Payment transfer is not initiated within 48 hours, the Booking Request is void and the Landlord is notified.
- This Down-Payment is processed on the Cribmed online platform and held in our payment provider’s Escrow account until after check-in.
- Direct communication is now open between the Tenant and the Landlord to exchange important information needed for the rental contract, Security Deposit payment method, arrival instructions and check-in time.
- If the Landlord declines the booking request, the Tenant will be notified immediately.
- The Tenant will be given a walkthrough according to this Arrival Checklist and Check-in guide to ensure a smooth check-in.
- After inspection of the property you will sign the contract, pay the Security Deposit (via method previously agreed) and receive the keys.
- You have 24 hours to check your new home. If the property is significantly different to the listing, let us know within 24 hours so that we can work to resolve it.
- Future rent payments, final cleaning fee, and the Security Deposit refund are directly between the Landlord and the Tenant.
- For any property maintenance, you should contact the Landlord directly.
- ASSISTANCE – If your Landlord doesn’t respond to your maintenance requests, feel free to contact us so we can encourage them to resolve any issues.
Still have questions? Take a look at our FAQ page