Why rent your place with Crib Med?
- Access our clientele – foreign professionals or students seeking monthly rentals for Medium Term periods ranging from 1 month to 18 months +
- Free to List – No cost to list and no commissions
- Assistance – The CribMed team can assist you to create your listing and will assist you with viewings.
- Free property consultation for every Landlord. After this meeting you will have the knowledge on how to rent your property successfully to foreign professionals working for embassies and many international companies.
Are you a Landlord?
Ready to list your property? Click Submit Property at the top right of the page.
We would like to offer you the opportunity to access our network of foreign professionals. CribMed has a large following in the expatriate network and is closely associated with Expats Living in Rome, Internations and many relocation agencies. We often sponsor events and have a consistent presence in this sector.
Crib Med has a reuptation that offers the finest homes for monthly property rentals.
In 2018 we implemented an online platform to manage more efficiently the influx of requests from our foreign professional and student clientele.
Crib Med has a network of foreign professionals that seek property rentals for medium periods up to 18 months.
Before you accept any booking you will know the following about each potential tenant:
- Job or profession of client
- How many tenants
- Reason for travel
- Age Range
- Titleholder of Property – The appropriate documentation must be verified.
- Registered Contracts – rental contracts must be official.
- Security Deposit – 1 or 2 months maximum
- Cancellation Policy – 1 or 2 months maximum. A lot of our clients request the diplomatic cancellation policy clause of 1 or 2 months
- Internet – Fast ADSL or Fiber Optic internet must be installed and ready to go
- Utilities included in price (with limits) – If the client exceeds the limit they pay extra so there is no risk for Landlords
- Preventative maintenance + a plan for emergency break downs
- Properties must have minimum recommended furnishing and appliances
- Video, photos and a floorplan. These must be recent and of high quality. These must be done by a photographer of our choice. Video + Floorplan = €99 + taxes (up to 2 bedrooms, thereafter €25 per bedroom) – plus free bonus photos if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of properties are most popular?
Properties should be fully furnished and equipped with a modern and fresh style, have a quality Internet connection (Wi-Fi) and be well connected to public transport and be located near the central most requested zones of Rome, such as Trastevere, Testaccio, San Saba, Monteverde Vecchio, Historic Centre, Vatican, Prati, Garbatella, San Giovanni, Monti e Trieste to name a few.
What guarantee of payment do I have for each booking?
The 1st month rent is processed through the Crib Med online platform at the time of booking. Any following rent payments (if any), and Security Deposits are directly between Landlord and Tenant.
Can I choose who rents my property?
Yes of course! You can accept or decline any Request. Before you accept any bookings feel free to ask any questions regards the potential tenant. Crib Med will facilitate any communication needed. After the Tenant has paid the Down-Payment you will have direct contact with the Tenant.
Is Crib Med’s service exclusive?
What does it cost to use Crib Med’s platform?
Free to list and currently Crib Med charges no commissions to Landlords. However you are required to pay a photographer of our choice to take professional video, floorplan and photos, starting from €99 + tax (up to 2 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms). These remain the property of the Landlord.
Who collects the monthly rent?
You the Landlord are responsible for collecting all monthly rent and expenses and Security Deposit. The Crib Med online platform facilitates only the first month rent payment.
Can I communicate with tenants before they book?
Yes of course! Although Crib Med will facilitate this.
What happens if the tenant leaves the property before the contract ends?
This depends on the Cancellation Policy you stated in the conditions on the listing and therefore what is stated in the contract directly between you both.
Can a tenant cancel the booking once it has been accepted?
Yes they can however they will lose their initial Down-Payment including the first month rent to you.
Can I cancel a booking once it is already accepted?
Yes, however we do not encourage this as it will create a lot of stress for our clients. You are obligated by Crib Med’s Terms of Conditions and also Stripe’s and Paypal’s Terms of Conditions to refund the Tenant in full the 1st month rent already paid to you.
How do I list my property?
Click on Submit Property or Add New Listing at the top of our website and follow instructions. Any questions we are here to help. Once you have uploaded photos and details including address we will contact you to make an appointment to meet you and view and verify the property and give any necessary tips for the photo-shoot. Listings do not go live until after verification and the official video and media are uploaded.